January 2021 Blog
2020 will be remembered for the pandemic. In March when we were locked down, the forecast was grim for the economy and the real estate market. Well, we were sure surprised. It was a record-breaking year for home sales. People were lined up outside the door to see homes. The trends were reversed and we saw urban flight accelerate. People were looking for that “stay-cation” home with the kind of backyard you could hang out in and see friends and family. June, July and August had the most sales in 3 years. Below are some highlighted statistics for the year in Livingston.
· Sold Listings are up 21.65% from 2019 to 2020
· Average price is up 9.66% from 2019 to 2020
· List to Sale price ratio is 99.2%
· December is the lowest inventory since 2017
· 61% of Single Family homes went under contract within 30 days and sold for 101.6% of the list price
If you would like information for your town, please reach out to me.
All the best for a healthy and successful 2021!